Stop hating yourself. Try going one day without saying anything bad about yourself. Try complimenting yourself. Do it again. Buy yourself dinner. Put soft things against your skin. Listen to your favorite songs. Eat ice cream. Eat ice cream naked. You have to spend the rest of your life with you. You’re all you’ve got. Be kind, start loving yourself.
“COMPLIMENTS THAT AREN’T ABOUT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people.”—3:29 p.m. feel free to add to this! (via nesft)
an account called @androsATG is publicly outing trans people on twitter for the sake of advertising their own paper.
their bot sorts through twitter posts to find any mention of gender/dysphoria/etc (whether this be a one-off post that has been long forgotten about or not) and then will mention you in a post as follows:
(with @TransPerson being the trans person’s twitter username. you get the gist)
not only is this basically outing you as trans to their 600+ followers, but also essentially compiling a list of trans people in one convenient place. also adding the fact that some twitter users add locations to their tweets, someone could easily find out where these people live/what places they frequently visit/etc.
if you aren’t worried about the harm done emotionally to trans people just by posting this information, then maybe the potential threat of violence/hate crimes would worry you.
if you do not want to be outed on their twitter, i suggest blocking the user @AndrosATG. if you have already been mentioned, i would suggest reporting them and/or requesting the post be taken down.
a copy of what the post looks like (the link text is slightly hard to read, sorry):
I just had a grown man tell me to “go make me a sandwich” as I was doing his pourover
I told him I didn’t understand what he meant because we’re a coffee shop, and he was like “oh it’s a joke” and I said I “didn’t get it” and he went “it’s funny because you’re a woman working in a kitchen”
And I just stared at him until he got how stupid he sounded
let them feel their ignorance burn into their souls
it’s hard to compliment guys on how they look because you can only really say cute, but i wish there was like a “beautiful” for guys because handsome sounds weird, like handsome is something that an old lady would say to her nephew or something
If you ever feel like you’ve screwed up, just remember that in 1348 the Scots thought it would be a good idea to invade England because the English were weakened by the Plague. They subsequently caught the plague themselves, went back to Scotland, and killed half their own population.